ACES Incorporated is seeking a highly-skilled DevOps/Systems Administrator who can work in a variety of locations and setting including our corporate office, customer location and overseas sites for occasional system deployments. DevOps/Systems Administrator will be responsible for the build, deployment, and maintenance of multiple software applications and analytics. The successful candidate will be passionate and experienced in automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) to automate and improve our build and delivery processes for a new analyst tool-set. Responsibilities will range from daily verification of successful nightly application runs to automating software builds to designing solutions for efficiencies within the deployment process. Ideal candidate would be disciplined, self-motivated and comfortable working with other geographically dispersed team members via tools like Slack, Github and Altlassian tool suites as examples. Working hours are flexible and the work will be a 50/50% mix of on-site and offsite (unclassified) locations. Some limited travel will be required to U.S. (Georgia, NY, Colorado, Virginia, California) and Overseas DGS locations such as Hawaii, Germany, and South Korea will be occasionally required - typically 3-4, 1-week trips, a year.
• Administer and maintain multiple CentOS/RHEL and Windows environments, establish and enforce configuration management controls, perform security patches on the stack and contributed modules, and manage the deployment of custom code.
• Manage application of patches for multiple systems and OSs using Red Hat
• Configure and maintain virtual environments including VMs and containerization.
• Coordinate virtual environments for usage across multiple reporting structures.
• Establish effective deployment and migration strategies for software and application data through the deployment pipeline (i.e. development, testing, staging and production environments).
• Work with infrastructure and development teams to establish monitoring, backup and logging procedures for all environments.
• Propose and implement enhancements to improve the security, performance and reliability of the environments.
• Create update and maintain system configuration using automation tools like Ansible.
• Deploy and maintain analytics.
• Work with developers to design and implement automation within build and deployment processes.
• Submit firewall, PKI certificate, and account requests.
• Create and maintain deployment diagrams and CI/CD process diagrams and present to client as needed
5+ years in highly related work, advanced knowledge of RHEL/Linux system threats, tools, techniques, and processes, to include 3+ years of direct support administering Linux systems
Experience in automating and managing system and software deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems using configuration and package management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, YUM and Docker
• Strong UNIX scripting skills
• Experience supporting CI/CD projects
• Experience in implementing automation in build and/or deployment processes
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
• Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
• Excellent attention to detail and... awesome personality a plus!
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Experience supporting CI/CD projects using Jenkins
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Ansible
• Experience with RedHat OpenShift
• Experience with Docker